In today’s competitive real estate market, buyers are looking for the perfect home to fit their busy lifestyles. Besides having the perfect location, a home has to have great curb appeal, and architectural design.
Another factor that can play a huge role in attracting buyers is home staging. Sellers should ensure that each space in their home is decorated to appeal to their target buyer; and yes, this includes the windows. You may be surprised to know that window treatments can actually make a huge difference in your home’s aesthetics.
Whether you’re choosing from blinds, shades, or shutters, The Blinds Side has a wide variety of options to help give your home the right feel. Here are some of the ways that investing in window treatments can benefit you when selling your home:
- Frame Beautiful Views: Is the view outside of your window the most appealing part of your home for buyers? Window treatments help to perfectly frame that picturesque view of those ocean waters or mountaintops that no homebuyer can resist. Consider installing window drapery and valances to help draw the eye straight to the beautiful nature surrounding your property.
- Hide Unattractive Views: Unfortunately, not every view is perfect, especially if your home is located in an urban area. When you’re trying to sell your property, buyers may be turned off by that brick wall directly outside of your window. But no need to worry! Incorporating stylish curtains or shutters into the space can drastically enhance its appearance and help obstruct the view of the ugly features near your home.
- Give your Home a Fresh, Modern Look: When selling your home, you want to ensure that buyers are able to envision themselves in the property. You want them to imagine enjoying breakfast each morning in the kitchen or throwing barbecues in the backyard during the summer. One way to do this is by ensuring that your home features updated window coverings. Remove the bold patterned curtains that you put up in your kids’ rooms and opt for something more neutral so that the space appeals to more buyers.
- Style your Home to Appeal to Homebuyers: Select your window treatments based on the architecture of your specific home. For example, a historic home needs window treatments that have a more classic feel. A home located in the heart of the city should use window coverings that are sleek, stylish, and easy to care for. Base your selection on the style of your home to appeal to buyers looking for your specific home type.
- Reduce your Staging Costs: Incorporating window treatments into your home can actually help lower your utility bills. Uncovered windows mean that your heating and air conditioner have to work even harder to regulate the temperature of your home. This can cause your wallet to take a huge hit. Save on energy costs by using window coverings. They’re also great for ensuring that the right amount of lighting is available in each space of the home.
- Create uniformity throughout the space: If your home has any elements that are mismatched (mismatched windows for example), coordinating curtains or blinds can help minimize these design flaws.
Give The Blinds Side a call to schedule an appointment today and find the right window treatments for your home: (410) 220-5596.