The right window treatments can really transform the look of your space. Wood blinds, for example, add a classic look to any style home. However, the reality is that wood blinds are not necessarily appropriate for every space. These style blinds are not exactly ideal for areas like kitchens, bathrooms, or playrooms. This is because real wood can warp and split in environments that experience high levels of heat and humidity. These elements cause real wood to swell, expand, and deteriorate. Direct light from the sun can even cause real wood blinds to fade over time. However, faux wood blinds won’t experience these issues and look identical to wooden blinds.
These window treatments are composed of 100% vinyl material, which makes them much more durable than the real thing. Here are a few of the reasons that we love faux wood blinds:
- Moisture resistant and able to handle humid environments. Faux wood blinds are designed to handle extreme temperatures and high moisture levels, making them an ideal option for bathrooms and kitchens.
- Lightweight. Faux wood blinds are much more lightweight than wood options, making them easier to install and maneuver.
- Easy to maintain. The slats on faux wood blind window treatments can be easily removed for cleaning. Because they are water-resistant, homeowners can easily rinse these blinds without worrying about damage.
- Affordable. If you’re looking for a more vintage or natural look without breaking the bank, faux wood blinds are the perfect option. They are just as attractive and appealing as wood options, but with the added benefits of durability and affordability.
- UV resistant. Faux wood blinds will not crack or deteriorate because of direct exposure from UV rays.
- Long-lasting. Because they are manufactured from special materials that can stand up to various environmental factors, faux wood blinds last much longer and maintain their shape better than any other style blind on the market. Once installed, you can expect your blinds to last for years to come.
- Wide variety of options to choose from. Homeowners can choose from a vast selection to find the perfect style for their homes. Didn’t find what you’re looking for? These blinds can be custom made to fit your specific needs.
Faux wood blinds are a popular choice for many homeowners for a variety of reasons. However, the fact that these style blinds are easy on the wallet, is by far one of the top reasons this option is so popular. Faux wood blinds are the perfect substitute for wooden blinds since homeowners can get the same functionality without sacrificing aesthetics or their budgets.
These blinds are also super easy to keep clean. You only need to wipe them down occasionally with a damp cloth or duster to keep them looking new and free of dust and debris. If at any point your blinds require a deep cleaning, they can be washed off in the bathtub, and they will be back to looking as good as they did the day you purchased them.